First Feed on the Boob! 🥰

Omg! Omg! I can’t believe it. So yesterday something told me just give it a try! I randomly put my baby on the boob and he went to sucking but couldn’t get a good grip so I went to get my nipple shield and he actually stayed on for a full feed, about 10-13m. It’s a lil tricky now because I’m not sure how much he’s eating. Although usually when I give him a 3-3.5 ounce bottle, that’s about how long it takes him to finish. It took my baby 6 weeks but we did it. I’m so excited, it’ll help me during night feeds and having to warm his bottles up. So far after that first boob feed, it was about 9:30ish pm, I offered my boob again 8am, he took it, and now at 6p. Quick question, is it no way to know how much he’s drinking, I usually write down all his feed in an app. Now I’m guessing I just have to estimate when he’s on the boob by how long he’s there? momandmore

3 Likes

Wow! So many congrats to you momma!! I don’t think there’s a way to know except for doing a weighted feed. But timing it is just as important. It takes baby a lot longer to get milk from feeding than a bottle. Best of luck mom! You’re doing so so great!!:face_blowing_a_kiss::face_blowing_a_kiss::face_blowing_a_kiss:

1 Like

Thank you love :blush::sparkles:. Yes I did hear about the weighted check after I made this post. I’m going to make sure I keep timing it. I appreciate you.

1 Like

Weighted feeds will be such a great way to tell also track his diapers that can show how hydrated and how much he’s eating

1 Like

I love the Momcozy care log I’ve been using it for almost a year now

1 Like

And may I also say CONGRATULATIONS :confetti_ball: mamma that is such a victory and I am so happy for you and baby

1 Like

Momcozy never fails me, thank you so much for sharing this because whaaattt? Literally what don’t they have? Hahaha :laughing:

1 Like

You’re the best, showing me all the tips and tricks. This looks way better than the app I’m using. Im going to check this out right now. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, it truly is the best. And to think I was going to give up. :blush::sparkles:

1 Like

Momcozy literally has thought of everything hahaha that’s why I’m such a loyal fan of theirs they got me through so many of my trials and tribulations throughout this motherhood journey

1 Like

Not a problem at all!!! I think their baby tracking features are sooo neat

And also they have a growth tracker too I use!! It’s super helpful to see what percentile baby is in currently

1 Like

It’s been a while since I updated his stats but this right here !!!

1 Like

Yesss, same! For sure! I love it here :sparkles:

Yes I seen this, I was wondering what is “HC”? I know what the other ones are.