How long did you breastfeed for?

So with my very first, I breastfed for almost 4 beautiful years.. I did receive a lot of judgment but my baby was the most healthiest baby ever & I wouldn’t change a thing about it. Potty training was a piece of cake, starting solids was even easier, No matter the time, even if it’s only a year, just know you are doing what’s best for you and baby & nobody can tell you differently.

9 Likes

It’s been 9 months for us so far :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

With my first baby, I breastfed until around 7 months, and with my second baby, we’re currently at 10 months! :pink_heart: I hope we can make it to at least two years this time! :crossed_fingers:t4::sparkles:

1 Like

That is amazing! Good for you! I breastfed for 10.5 month and had enough to get the baby to one year old. I hit my goal. With stress, my milk production decreased.

1 Like

I breastfeed for 2 years

1 Like

Love this ! Any tips for potty training ?

1 Like

That’s so awesome that you breastfed for 4 years! My daughter is 21 months old, and my family keeps asking when I’m going to wean her. I really don’t plan to. I want her to wean herself so she can reap the benefits as long as possible, especially since we decided not to vaccinate anymore at 1 year old.

So how did you potty train and at what age? I’m trying to potty train my daughter, and I keep switching it up trying to find something that works.

1 Like

So far on October 10 this Saturday will mark one year!

1 Like

My son was almost 2 1/2 when I was like hey, no more diapers.. I got him some underwear and told him he was a big boy and that we have to use the toilet now. At first he’d cry, he wouldn’t want to go, he would leave his pants down and I’d look away and he would put them back up and walk away from me. It kind of just went from there, no accidents, nothing, he oddly understood.. and at the end of the week I’d high five him and tell him you did it!! And I’d take him to find a toy at Walmart lol

1 Like

You go momma, remember to take your prenatals to keep up with your nutrition! I started postnatals! Amazing, my hair stopped falling out..

Take off the diaper, buy some comfortable underwear. Pay close attention to the signs, the little dancing, the changes in their face, and run with them to the bathroom, there body will start to recognize when they have to go and what to do.. it could be at the end of the day, or week.. congratulate them, tell them yay! We went today! Even if it’s only once.. Sometimes I’d have to RUN, and my son would look sad cause he almost didn’t make it but I’d tell him accidents happen it’s okay and somehow that stuck

1 Like

Thanks for the tips and advice… will definitely try this out

My first 3 kids, I breastfed for 7 years total. Going on 15 months with my 4th baby now.

That is so encouraging! Thank you for sharing, that really helps. I think I might need to wait at least a few more months before trying again. I feel like my daughter would be the same way if she was older. Like I think she understands, but forgets to go to the potty 99% of the time. The toy idea sounds like a great motivator!l, I’m going to have to use that!

Wow. Happy birthday to your little one. October 10 is my wedding anniversary

1 Like

Thank you so much !!! And happy anniversary!! I think October 10th is a fabulous day for a birth and wedding hehehe :face_with_hand_over_mouth: