Milk supply and c sections

Did yall experience a low milk supply post c section

4 Likes

The best thing I was told to do was to just keep pumping and stimulating !!! I was so discouraged because i had a little bit of colostrum in the beginning and I lost it due to the pain meds they had me on, but I listened and I just kept pumping even if I had nothing coming out! It happens ! Just pump mommas and it’ll come right back. :heart:

Hi mama i am really not sure but this has to be a total false myth ​i experienced an emergency c-section and honestly with milk production i didn’t have any problem, on the contrary, in my first breastfeeding journey with a c-section i had an excess of production and by the second day my breasts were already super full and engorged

​later with my natural birth 19 months ago it was totally different, so honestly i don’t know how much the type of birth really has to do with milk production itself

​i don’t really know if my comment can help you, but i also have that same doubt

I did not have a c section but following along to read other moms experiences

I did better after my c section but that was mh second baby so my body knew how milk worked then