The kind of support I wish more moms had would be normalizing motherhood and all it comes with, to pump in public without a side eye or simply nurse without someone making a comment or even worrying we are being judged. I wish for change in the mindset around what it means to be a mom, a mom shouldn’t have to hide in the shadows or not leave their home at all simply because we created life and now we are caring for that being. A New mother shouldn’t have to be scared about going back to work and finding a place to pump or judged they can’t do their job now . Let mothers feel comfort in finding themselves again and finding some kind of normalcy in this new chapter because at the end of the day we all came from someone a mother
Nicely said momma!![]()
I told my girlfriend I couldn’t come over for game night because I didn’t want my husband to put the 4 kids to bed alone but it was moreso me not wanting to bring my pump and bottles and baggage. I didn’t want to be a damper or for getting to get my pumps while we played cards. I Know that was my choice not to go and those people all know me, but it just didn’t feel right. I told myself next month I’m going and I’m bring it all!! Because I deserve to gent fun too! And I know they won’t care it’s just me being paranoid.
See and that is okay that is your choice and I have been in a lot of situations where I have made the exact same choices! I just wish I had more people around me encouraging me to get out there and just do it you know
Because you are right you do deserve to have some fun and you deserve a sense of normalcy
And you as well sister! Let’s both make sure we step outside that comfort zone at least once!
You’re doing great with your pumping in public![]()
What a gorgeous photo!!!
well said mama i loved reading this i really wish motherhood and breastfeeding were more normalized because moms are still judged a lot here
with my first child my husband’s family went so far as to heavily criticize the extended breastfeeding i was doing and even wanted to take him away from me to stop breastfeeding something that really damaged my emotional and mental stability
that is why now even though it has been hard being away from family because sometimes a support network is needed i prefer to keep our distance to protect our peace especially with my current 19-month breastfeeding journey
i have still had to go places and pull out my pumps while people stare weirdly, but over time i learned to relax and just do what i have to do without shame
i truly wish people were more conscious of what motherhood entails and that our opinions were validated more because raising and feeding our kids should always be respected
Yes we both can do this!! I’m so happy I’m not alone in this ! You are amazing! And thankyou I’m trying I still get anxious sometimes but I push through
THANKYOU!!! I was actually hiding in a bush to pump because I got shy hahaha
That is actually insane on them, take your child away for doing what a mother does best?! I’m so sorry you went through any of that and honestly you made a good choice with the distance there is no room for that sort of energy
19 months is INCREDIBLE and you should be CELEBRATED through and through that is such an amazing achievement you are an incredible mother and it shows
I just wish some people would take the time to educate themselves before criticizing others especially mothers trying their best
Studies show the benefits of breastfeeding to two years and beyond
And even on the opposite end of the spectrum let’s also normalize mothers who don’t breastfeed it’s all a beautiful journey and each journey is different at the end of the day we are all just doing our best and loving our babies that’s all that matters
Awesome mama so proud of you!!
