What helps me balance motherhood and my personal life is finding little things that make our everyday routine a little easier

Since Emilio had trouble latching, I have been exclusively pumping, and honestly, pumping has become a whole job by itself. Between pumping, feeding him, washing what feels like an infinite amount of pump parts and bottles, and then doing it all over again… it can be a lot.

My Momcozy M5 has been a lifesaver for me because I can pump at home while I am working or doing things around the house, but I can also take it with me when we travel. Being able to pump without having to be tied to an outlet makes such a difference, especially now that I’m going back to work and still want to travel and enjoy things with my family.

At the same time, I am going back to work and finishing my PhD, so I am trying to figure out how to be a mom while still being a scientist, a wife, a traveler, and me. I don’t want motherhood to mean putting everything else I love on pause.

Having little tools that make our routine easier really helps. I love being able to bring Emilio’s milk with me when we are out, keep it cool, and warm it up when he’s ready to eat with the Momcozy cooler & warmer products. At home, our Momcozy bottle warmer, Momcozy cotton swabs for cleaning his tongue, and my Momcozy sterilizer and dryer have all become part of our routine.

And because I exclusively pump, I feel like I am constantly cleaning something!! I would LOVE to upgrade to the Momcozy D8 because having a washer, sterilizer, and dryer all in one would give me back so much time. Time that I could use to work, rest, travel, or honestly just sit down and enjoy my baby.

I am learning that balance doesn’t mean doing everything perfectly. Some days I am pumping while working, answering emails while Emilio naps, or leaving the dishes for later because I would rather spend that time with him.

For me, it’s about finding support, using things that make life easier, and giving myself grace. I can be a mom and still be a scientist, a wife, a traveler, and a person with goals and dreams.

I am still figuring it out, but I am learning that making room for myself doesn’t take away from being a good mom.

P.S. any tips from mom exclusively pumping to reduce pain please let me know!! :))

momandmore

1 Like

You are such an inspiration! Finishing a PhD while exclusively pumping is next-level dedication! For reducing pumping pain, lubricated flanges (a drop of pumping spray/nipple butter) and confirming your exact flange size make a world of difference. Sending you so much support! :growing_heart:

Same here! My baby girl didn’t latch either, so pumping became such a big part of our feeding journey. I used the Momcozy M5 too, and it helped me so much during those beginning months postpartum. It gave me a little more freedom while still allowing me to provide breast milk for my baby. :white_heart: