For me, balancing motherhood with my own personal life really comes down to having a routine that works for me and using products and tools that make life a little easier. ![]()
As an exclusive pumper, it can definitely be challenging to balance pumping with my own interests. Anytime I go anywhere, I have to think about bringing my pump, supplies for storing milk, and everything I need to clean my parts. But having a wearable pump has given me so much more freedom and makes it easier to work pumping into my everyday life instead of planning my entire day around it.
I’m also a nurse and I truly love what I do. Working full time while being there for my kids can be a lot, but one of my small wins has been figuring out how to make my work schedule and pumping routine work together. I’m learning to use my village, plan ahead, and find little pockets of time for myself so I can still be a mom, a nurse, and me.
I’m also learning that self-care doesn’t have to mean hours of free time. Sometimes it’s just finding a little time to do something I enjoy or have a moment to myself—and that counts too. ![]()
One thing I really wish we had more of is postpartum support AFTER leaving the hospital. There’s so much focus on those first few weeks, but what about when you’re a few months in and trying to figure out everyday life with a baby, work, pumping, your other kids, and finding time for yourself.
I would love to see more mom support groups that focus on navigating that entire first year—not just the newborn stage—and share real-life tips for making the transition a little smoother. We need support for the mom we become after the newborn stage too. ![]()
