Nursing Strike Challenge😭

One thing that has really been challenging me in motherhood lately is my 9 month old going through a nursing strike. :sob:

My first baby never went through this, so this is completely new territory for me. My 9 month old has suddenly started refusing to nurse during the day, so I’ve been exclusively pumping all week. She’ll happily drink my milk from a straw cup or bottle, and she’ll even nurse in the middle of the night when she’s drowsy… but during the day, she wants absolutely nothing to do with nursing.

I’ve checked for everything I could think of, no fever, she’s not teething, she’s eating her table foods just fine, and she’s otherwise acting like herself. So apparently… it’s just ME. :sob::joy:

And honestly, I’ve been so stressed and emotional about it all week because I keep thinking, ā€œWas that my last time breastfeeding her?ā€ And I didn’t even know it was the last time, so I didn’t get a picture or anything. :pleading_face::broken_heart:

I know nursing strikes can happen and I’ve heard they can last up to a couple of weeks, so I’m really hoping this is just a phase and she goes back to nursing soon. In the meantime, I’m pumping and giving her my milk however she’ll take it.

4 Likes

Oh I’m sorry mama I wish I had better advice but you are right nursing strikes can just happen! It’s not you it’s just baby growing and developing

Have you tried nipple sheilds at all?

1 Like

I haven’t. She latched a little during the day yesterday but I might try that!! Thank you

1 Like

My daughter is almost 9 months old and she’s been doing this as well for a couple of weeks now.

1 Like

Absolutely I hope things look up soon you two got this :raising_hands::heart:

1 Like

It’s so strange that they do that!

How’s it going momma since your post? I hope she’s back to nursing!! Beautiful pic. :heart: I hope that wasn’t her last time during the day!:heart::face_blowing_a_kiss::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: sending so much love!!