Can I Still Do It All and Be a Mom?

I’ve had a lot of moms tell me that once my little one is here, I should expect to say goodbye to some of the things I love doing.

I have a very full life. I teach dance, compete, travel, run a business, go to events, spend time with friends, and have a lot of things I genuinely enjoy doing. I know becoming a mom will change my life and that there will be adjustments along the way, but I don’t want to feel like I have to give up the life I love in order to be a good mom.

I want to do the things I do now and be a mom too. I’d love to hear from moms who have found a way to do both. Did your life actually become fuller or better after having kids while you still held onto the things that mattered to you?

I love this and that’s awesome that you are still following your passion. My 12 yr old has been in competitive dance since she was 5 and hopefully will continue dancing into adulthood as she gets older cause it’s a natural passion of hers. Our identities as a mom doesn’t define us as just that, there is so much more that defines us as women. Hopefully your little one will pick up the passion for dance also!