…is my incredible village. My husband takes on many of our daily tasks, like braiding my our big girl’s hair so I can make coffee and get in a pump session in the mornings, and does most of the bedtimes so I can wind down and (you guessed it) get my nighttime pump in. My mom helps us with everything else, from childcare to cooking to loads of laundry. Our household would literally not function without her.
My family takes care of me so I can take care of others. People don’t get sick on a schedule, so my work as a pharmacist has me behind the counter for long days, night shifts, and weekends at work. I help my patients manage chronic health conditions, give them advice when they’re sick, and help them navigate the healthcare system with confidence.
I’m still learning how to take care of myself in the midst of all this. I’m working on slowing down and being more present in each moment, and trying to establish habits that help me manage stress. And I’m finding my way back to things that used to bring me joy, like cooking and baking, reading, and traveling.
